Friday, May 20, 2005

PatioBlogging Day 6

This morning Home Depot delivered 150 Patio Stones and 144 Retaining Wall stones land Jones Top Soil delivered seven tons of gravel.

It was very efficient this morning. Home Depot showed up around 8:45 am, and Jones showed up a scant half hour later. I was able to get into work quite effectively.

When I got home this evening, I began to move sod around to provide a path for the retaining wall. At this point it is an estimate. It may come a little further away from the patio, or it may come closer to it. We'll a bit more tomorrow.

The main concern I have, is the dampness of the base. We had downpours on Thursday night, with probably about an inch and a half of rain. The base has sunk a little bit, but not too much. I think ultimately this is a good thing. All else fails, the patio drops a half inch, which would be just fine, as I think it may have been a bit on the high side anyway.

More updates tomorrow after gravel moving day. With any luck it will be dry enough to start on the concrete base for the steps in the afternoon. Otherwise, it might not start until next weekend.

No comments:

ShareThis