Saturday, May 07, 2005

Battle of the Gridiron Contract Violation

So there's been a lot of talk about Winslow being a moron on a motorbike up in Cleveland, and for Rothlesberger riding a cycle without a helmet.

But what about this Battle of the Gridion Stars on ESPN? I was pretty amazed to see what they were doing in soccer shootout. Joe Horn tiped a shot with his fingertips. Now, I don't know about you, but when I was in college playing intramurals, I played goaltender a bit. During warmups, I tipped a shot with my hand. When I came down I thought my hand was jammed, when in reality I had incurred a chip fracture, putting my hand out of commission for about three months.

What would have happened if the same thing happens to Horn? He should have time to heal, but still, it seems like it would be a contract violation of some sorts, would it not?

Maybe I'm just too nitpicky, but it seems pretty darned risky to me.

No comments:

ShareThis