Thursday, June 10, 2004

Strength Training by Pavel

Pavel is this hardcore Russian dude who writes books and such about strength training. Not bodybuilding, but strength.

Ryan let me borrow this book called the Naked Warrior by this dude. The idea is that you can gain great strength by performing two exersizes (and simple variations there of) without using weights...just your body weight. The pistol (a one legged squat), and one armed pushups. There's a technique to tensing your muscles to get them to work properly as well.

Since I'm generally a lazy bastard, I'm intrigued by this. Not because of the lazyness, but because it doesn't require going to a gym. In fact, he talks about just setting up a routine to do the exersizes that you always follow....go upstairs, do 4 pushups with each arm. Come back down, do 4 pistols with each leg. Which is a thing I can get into...I just hope I don't get OCD because of it.

Anyway, I think I'm going to give this a shot...since I'm so weak, I'll be starting with the simple one-armed pushups...leaning against a chair...and the simple pistols...coming up out of a chair. They say you can see results in terms of doing more reps than you thought possible in weeks...so seems worth it...to try it anyway.

It's just that I end up being so busy, it's tough to find time to do anything...I'm working right now, monitoring runs for a large client...so I can't really be at the gym, or running a couple miles around the neighboorhood. Well, we'll see how it goes...hopefully pretty good...I'll post in a few weeks what happens.

No comments:

ShareThis