Thursday, August 11, 2005

"Survivor: Guatemala" Cast Revealed - Yahoo! News

"Survivor: Guatemala" Cast Revealed - Yahoo! News

Yes I watch Survivor.

But that's not why I'm blogging about this. In fact, I could care less about who is going to be on the show. 90% of the people who play are forgettable. It's not their fault...it's short term memory.

Anyway, what I find so interesting is that it's set in a Guatemalan National Park. But that's not really what's interesting....I find it very interesting because Lori and I are going through the process of adopting a little girl from Guatemala.

It's interesting because we'll get to go there and pick her up and experience a little bit of the country for myself. Granted I'll mostly be in Guatemala City. I doubt we'll get the oppurtunity to travel even to Antigua, but it will be quite interesting. It's one of those things to see that makes me really want to check out this year's show.

It will be interesting that they are inland for this. They are quite remote as well. The province they are in got it's first paved road about 12-13 years ago.

But for me it'll give me something to look for as we fly over the area, while we look at the volcanos and tropics and ruins. But most of all it'll give me some perspective on the country that my daughter is from. She is of Mayan decent and the "natives" they encounter will clearly be Mayan.

I know I haven't talked about the adoption. I think Lori and I are a little gunshy after what we went through with Lily. It has been quite an exciting summer in that perspective, but Lily is still on our minds when we think of everything. We just are very hopeful that nothing goes wrong.

Right now we've got a Family court date in Guatemala tomorrow, Friday the 12th. We then go through PGN and some other areas before we get the "pink slip". Yes it's the only time in your life where a pink slip is a good thing. We think we should be able to travel sometime in the middle of November to the middle of December.

Anyway, I'll start talking more about our daughter as time moves on. I'll post some pictures and things soon as well, but I think I'm going to start using a service to post those that's a little bit better at handling those sorts of things.

But yes...finally a Survivor that isn't just a silly game for once. At least to me it won't be.

No comments:

ShareThis