Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Experimenting with JSF

I've been fiddling around with Java Server Faces the past few weeks.

I find it to be quite a compelling framework and very easy to work with once you get used to how it functions. I don't have any experience with Struts or and of the other alternative frameworks out there, but I can say this much. Using the limited documentation available on the net for JSF and the tons available for Struts, I was able to figure out that JSF could handle my needs in a much quicker fashion.

Once I figured out how it worked, it took me about 2 hours to get my first simple app up and running. The rest of the time I spent learning how JDOM and XSLT worked to read my XML documents in for presentation.

I am encouraged by JSF, and plan to recommend using it for larger apps, and will probably use it quite often for prototyping in the future.

No comments:

ShareThis