Friday, April 25, 2008

Week one @ new gig

Things have been a bit quiet on the blog front. I'm digging into a new job this past week after leaving my old gig of nine years.

The new job has me diving into MOSS Sharepoint and Portlets. So far I'm diving into all sorts of tools and samples looking for ways to improve upon the current situation and find the best way to design the next generation of the tool. A lot of thinking and strategy so far, I suspect the prototyping isn't too far off.

Little bit of a culture clash since the portal was built on SAP's product and I'm encountering some folks who haven't run some basic web performance tools. They just haven't learned how to use them yet. Which is fine, because I can teach them ;)

I hope to start to offer some interesting info on MOSS and Portal development over the next few months as I dive into this. Otherwise, the smaller updates will be available through Twitter.

No comments:

ShareThis