Tuesday, November 02, 2004

The Big Day, and I'm Away

I cast my ballot for the election on Wednesday last week.

That's because I'm down in Atlanta for training this week. Really an odd time for training with the election, but I guess it's OK.

I'm actually quite happy since I didn't have to wait in a 2 hour line to vote. However, the consequence is that my vote won't be tallied for another 2 weeks.

I voted on a punch card. I have no idea how anyone could have a "hanging chad". It's so freaking eazy. You should always check the bottom of your card to validate that the hole you punched out is completely clear.

After voting via punch card, I do not know how you could possibly count any "hanging chad" votes. They should be all the way through, or invalidated. It's that easy to vote using these cards. It's common sense, and apparently common sense is no longer required to vote. This year we even had the Secretary of State in Ohio have a statewide ad on television and radio urging voters to check their ballots and be sure that the vote went through.

There is no excuse. If they do a recount...there is no reason that your ballot should count if the chad is at all connected to your ballot.

Anyway, I'm glad it's getting on. I want a decisive win for somebody. I don't even care who. Someone should win, and win big so we don't have these lingering questions for months like last time.

No comments:

ShareThis