Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Naked Warrior 5 Days Later

So I've been doing this Naked Warrior routine from Pavel for the past 5 days. Not bad I say...since I've actually been keeping up with it.

I've switched my routine such that I'm doing a total of 15-20 of each exersize for each limb per day. That is, I end up doing 2-3 reps per session with each arm or leg.

At this point, I've modified the routine to use Airplane Lunges instead of the Box Pistols. For me, it's more satisfying to complete full reps of an exersize, than to have to stop in mid air. If there's no bench around, it's tough to do the box pistol. The lunges are a full fledged rep. If I miss on a lunge, I only miss by an inch or so from the ground, which is measureable. Missing in mid air on those pistols makes it hard for me to be consistant.

So I'm basically doing 40-50 degree angled one arm pushups, depending upon the wall, or table/chair I am near, and airplane lunges, and try to get in 5-7 sets of 2-3 reps per day. So far I have noticed a slight difference...nothing to write home about, but the 30 minutes scattered throughout the day to accomplish this goal is much more entertaining that going to a gym for 30 minutes. I do these in my cube at work during breaks.

Obviously, the real payback is in a couple months...that's when we see how much better I can do these exersizes and how much more strength I have gained.

No comments:

ShareThis